Friday, July 15, 2011

PE2_iMovie


I am now 1/3 of the way through my imovie tutorials. I just got done organizing my personal video clips in imovie in the events library. In these next sections that I am going to share with you I learned how to do the following shown in this screen shot:
 
Organizing Clips, Editing Video, and Working with Effects.
In the organizing clip section I learned how to mark footage as a favorite or as rejected – so I don’t waste time going back and forth constantly over the same clips only looking for certain things. Down in the lower half of the interface is a show tool that will determine what shows in your clip section. Using that has allowed me to get things I know that I don’t want out of the way! This tool is really going to help keep my workspace clutter free and easier to work in.

The next section was on Editing. I learned how to create new projects, add clips, trimming and slip editing, and splitting clips. I wish I had known this when I made my first two videos….I wouldn’t have had so much choppy transitioning between crops and things would have flowed better.

I was really excited to get to these videos and even more excited to see the effects that I would be able to create using this program, this next section was on working with effects like adjusting colors, title, and using a green screen. I am going out to buy some basic neon green paint this weekend and plan to paint a section of the wall in our playroom to make our own green screen! I can’t wait to try this effect out and make some fun videos with my kids!

So basically in these three sections I learned how to turn on the advanced tools and what they do!

No comments:

Post a Comment