Friday, July 15, 2011

PE1_iMovie


Imovie. Before I started this masters program, I had never heard of imovie. I most definitely had never made anything or even opened up an imovie program. The very first month we had to make a bio movie about ourselves using the imovie. That was, I was going to say rough but… well, I’ll just remind you that it was the first thing I ever made in there. You can view it on my CBR website: http://web.me.com/ccsjohnson/cbr/Welcome.html

Well finally in this month I have the opportunity to use Lynda.com. This is a site that basically offers tutorials to teach you just about anything on just about any program! It’s a pretty amazing website. And so I began to watch 3 hours and 28 minutes of imovie 11 essential tutorials. It only took me a week or so. I was heard a saying that how long a minute is, depends on which side of the bathroom door you are on…that’s similar to how long a tutorial about anything feels, there are points where you feel on either side of that proverbial door.

The first section was just an introduction making sure we were all on the same page with the correct software.
The second section was all about importing video/photographs into imovie – which I had basically figured out during that very first month just playing around to create the bio movie. It was still nice though to be reminded how do upload everything from tape-base, memory-based, digital stills, to live action videos.
The third section just covered the interface (how everything is setup when you open imovie), and the toolbar that has all of the editing tools on it.

Here is a screen shot from the Tutorial video discussing uploading and it shows you the interface for imovie:

No comments:

Post a Comment