Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Wk 4 Leadership Project

My capstone project addressed interdisciplinary education.  My target audience of high school teachers explored how creating thematic units across disciplines help create rigorous and relevant learning for students.  During Phase I, Teachers created a plan to solve the problem of creating cross-curricular lessons to increase student engagement.  In Phase II, Teachers and students engaged in the solution and participated in various lesson around the same central theme.  Teachers and students were able to document their experience with interdisciplinary instruction through pre/post surveys, and student created products. As a result, students were able to see the connections between various classrooms and subject content and recognize and identify with rigorous and relevant lessons.

I submitted my abstract to a conference held by the International Journal of Arts and Sciences.
International Journal of Arts and Science Conference

Week 1 Leadership Blog Post - Leadership Role Model:

Week 2 Leadership Blog Post - To Publish or Present:


Week 3 Leadership Blog Post - Where do I want to share my project

My CBR Presentation

Presenter Notes for Presentation





4 comments:

  1. It looks like my Leadership project link is not there - but I promise it is!! Just scroll over it - it's under the Week 3 tab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the address of the site to where I submitted my project for presentation is up there before the weekly journal entries too...

      Delete
    2. My presenter notes are there as well - I have no idea why they don't show up unless your scroll over them.

      Delete
  2. Great project... one suggestion is that you might want to add a references/resources slide at the end... :-)

    ReplyDelete