Friday, February 10, 2012

Wk 2 Leadership - To Publish or Present

To Present or Publish?
I won’t lie on this blog. I love to read…if…it’s fictional and there’s a dashing hero that saves the day. I don’t enjoy scholarly journals and generally don’t read them. I would rather hear information from a presenter and interact with an audience and even see visual examples of what’s being discussed. With that being said – I think it’s obvious that I am going to try to do a presentation about my CBR. It’s a great topic that is a hot one right now with the waiver of NCLB and the installation of College and Career Readiness. Interdisciplinary learning engages students in small learning communities and allows them to make connections between the real world, their subjects and why they need to know the information. I want to be able to show people that planning units this way increases teacher effectiveness and student achievement. I think my project had some great points and resources and I would like for people to see all aspects both verbally, visually, and kinesthetically (got to differentiate that instruction)! Another reason I want to do a presentation is because I want to be able to answer questions and hear feedback. Everything can always been improved and would love to hear advice in person

1 comment: