Sunday, July 17, 2011

BP_4 WIKI


Ok. So as I surfed the web checking out web 2.0 tools, I realized that I wanted something that was really going to help my students and I interact and get information out. I found WIKI! A wiki site is a FREE  easy to setup, use, update and maintain. It’s website that you can create for your classes…or well for anything you want really.
I plan to use mine as the central hub of information for my students and their families.  They can respond and comment on curriculum that I post and make it easy to share classroom events and special projects. Students can upload and download assignments, syllabi, etc. You can even have it connect to your google calendar and keep things automatically updated. I can provide my students links, images, video clips from anywhere on the web! I am really excited about the possibilities of this wiki page!  I can also provide the link to my wiki page on our school website so that GHS students and parents can get to easily. I also plan to post student work there too, so people can see what amazing things my students do! I am just getting started on my wiki  - so this is just a snippet of images as I start. I will post more including images when I have more done to the site!  http://ghsvisualarts.wikispaces.com/

 
You start by going to www.wikispaces.com. From there you can setup a free account and start setting up your individual site! 
You might want to set aside a few hours or so to do this, it takes a little while to figure out the setup and to add things that you want to your wiki.

Here is a wiki that someone has done a lot of work to and includes lots of links to web 2.0 tools! Really cool! The site is: www.cooltoolsforschools.wikispaces.com


No comments:

Post a Comment